Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Update on School and Such

OMG! Now that I finally forced myself to finish the China blogs (today is a test day at school, so I have nothing else to do, haha), here is an update on School:

~Eun-Su is no longer my co-teacher, she didn't even bother to tell me, I called her a few days before school started back up to see why my paycheck was late and she was really confused as to why I was calling her, I was to have a new co-teacher....OKAY....

~I come to school...surprise...Shinsook is my new co-teacher. I thought she was leaving Korea to get married and live in the Netherlands, she is, but not until June/July... OKAY....

~I find out half the preperations I did over break are worthless, I am only teaching 5th and 6th grades now.... CHECK....

~I tell my school I refuse to teach the 3rd-6th grade extra class because they screwed me over last term, they aren't happy but accept it... CHECK...

~I tell them I am doing online distance classes for kods with no Native teachers in small areas... not happy with me, but they don't say much... Check

~Classes aren't too bad yet, I changed the reward system from stars to fruit and put a fighting ban in my classroom, period....OKAY....

~We have confiscated 3 cell phones, yelled because of 6 swear instances and yelled at one kid for doing a double-fingered flip-off... Not too bad yet...

~I've started to get more and more frusterated with my school on many small things... I'm not feeling like staying a second year right now....

~I found out I have a $2,000 budget for my wedding, maybe $4,000, but I have to plan on $2000... GREAT, NOT REALLY....

~The orphanage is going good, but my two boys are way too rowdy and I can't control them very well... GRRR

~My school computer was upgraded to english, then had the memory upgraded because the programs took up too much memory, then the power source died and had to be replaced... they should just replace this thing...

~Online classes seem ok, but really confusing and hard, but easy at the same time... confusing? I know...

~I'm almost 25, My birthday party was on Saturday, and it was really fun. We had Galbi, went to Japanese Bar for some fruit Soju and birthday songs, then we went to the Noraebang! Cody got me a new Nintendo DS Lite for my birthday, I love it.

~For the first time I was able to send money home with an Ok exchange and have about $450 to spare! I put $300 in savings... that's the most I have had there in a LONG time...

~I am enjoying my friends and activities here a lot

~Finally:

I am trying to plan a wedding while trying to decide whetehr to extend my contract or not if my school asks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment