Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wedding!

Things also seem to be falling in place for the wedding. Cody's grandma is sending me a
package with the wedding "intimates" needed for a strapless dress and stuff, as well as a pair
of white flip flops (in case the shoes I ordered don't come, because I'm feeling dread that
I ordered them from a bad website, because they never really confirmed shipping), hair dye to
fix my highlights and low lights I got in Seoul in September and can't afford to get re-done
right now, Cody and my wedding rings, wedding jewelry for me (hopefully simple enough for me),
and the presents for Cody's best man here and my maid of honor, Fallon.

I received my veil already, and my hair-piece, all I need now is my wedding dress, which should
be here any time, as soon as they finish making it and ship it, which should be any day now.

I'm getting really excited. We decided to have our wedding on the local mountain, Yudalsan
(Yudal, and San literally means mountain, although I think it's an honourific as well, because
'san' in Japanese is an addition to the name of someone above you, or who you respect). If the
weather is nice, we will have the ceremony in front of a giant bell there. If not, there is a
pagoda up the mountain a little bit that we will have the ceremony on, some of the guests
standing under umbrellas if need be.

After the ceremony, we haven't decided 100% of what we're doing, but we're thinking of having
the reception in the banquet hall of a brand-new buffet in town that has really yummy food
(and sushi!), and people will buy their own dinners. After that, we might head out to drinks
with whoever is feeling like attending, but, like I said, we haven't decided for sure quite yet.

We will also have some sort of reception when we get home, but it will probably be nothing more
than a cake and family and friends bringing food to a park and having a small party in the park.
But, it will be fun, and we're really excited.

We're also haveing our bachelor and bachelorette parties in 10 days, and we will have to see
how those go, hehe.

One funny thing about this, is the ceremony doesn't even legally marry us here, it's just for us.
In Korea, you fill out the paperwork and that is all that counts (I think it's similar in
Oregon as well). So, we will officially be married two days before our wedding. Ah well, I will
still count July 18th as our wedding anniversary, not July 16th. How funny though.

The countdown for this starts as well:

11 days to our bachelor and bachelorette parties!

and

45 days until our wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment