Tuesday, January 6, 2009

How we Met

December 20, 2008

Warning: Very Long, and potentially boring and sappy

For those of you who don't know the story, here is the long story about how we met and our first date three years later:
Cody and I first met in the ninth grade when we were attending Westview High School in Portland, Oregon in 1998. We didn't really start getting to know each other until we were scheduled to take a math class together Sophomore year with Mr. Keene. We may have never acknowledged each other if it wasn't for the fact that Mr. Keene was too nice and so the class tended to take advantage of him and ignore much of the lesson. Those of us who actually cared about our grades and were trying to be polite to the teacher ended up migrating to the same area of the classroom. This included my friend Christian and Cody.

Soon, we all ended up talking and becoming friends during class. I was very quick to develop a crush on Cody, but I had a hard time asking boys out, as I was very shy, and had a tendency to just go out with whoever asked me out first. Due to me not feeling up to asking him out and him not asking me, we never got together, but we were friends.

Finally, in my senior year of high school, I finally got up the nerve to tell him I liked him. It only took me three years and a 5-hour phone conversation, but I thought that he liked me too and finally got fed up with waiting. To my surprise he said he liked me too and we scheduled a double date for December 1st with our friend Scott and his new girlfriend Lori.

I anxiously waited for the 1st to roll around, and when it did, I was ecstatic. My dad dropped me off at the movie theater, as I was meeting the other three to watch Spy Games, and then we would go back to Scott's house. We saw the movie, and then we all squeezed in to Scott's tiny 2-door Dodge Neon and drove to Scott's house to hang out. Not long after we got there, Scott and Lori disappeared, presumably to make out, and Cody and I were finally alone. We sat together and talked for a few hours and then it was time to go home. Scott dropped us off at my house and drove around the block to give Cody and I another minute alone. After saying goodnight and having our first kiss, Cody left.

Now, eight years and 5 days (or 4 days if you count USA time) we are finally engaged to be married. Who would have known that I would be getting ready to marry my crush from Math class so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment